In the same afternoon, I solo-raided Blackrock Foundry normal, Blackrock Foundry Heroic and Siege of Orgrimmar Heroic. The reason why I raid Blackrock Foundry is to collect the Rylakstalker’s Battlegear, but I went to Siege of Orgrimmar for the sole purpose of collecting the parts required to craft a tameable juggernaut.
While these two raids may have a similar flavor, they are very different:
- Short raid that can be completed within 30 minutes;
- It’s easy to navigate through the different rooms;
- Except for the Blast Furnace, the bosses don’t require much tactic, which doesn’t break the pace of the run;
- The Hunter set looks really nice on an Orc (which is nice since I’m one);
- You can run the different difficulties within the same raid lockout and the 3 recolors of the set all look great.
I managed to get a few parts of the normal and heroic difficulty recolors, but Mythic will require a few more ilvls.
Siege of Orgrimmar
- The raid is horribly long;
- The place is too huge and requires too much running;
- There is way too much trash to clear;
- Some of the bosses were fun in group but are very boring to solo: Immerseus;
- Some bosses were not funny in group and are still boring to solo: Spoils;
- The Hunter set is ugly, which removes all incentive to run it again.
I’ve followed an amazing guide by Bendak to find all the parts I needed to craft the Iron Scorpion. I’ll have to go back there 3 more times if I want to craft the pet in all the diferent colors, but I highly doubt that it’ll happen in the near future. I really don’t enjoy running SoO and I’m not such a fan of the Juggernaut pet. I just had to have one, for my collection.
All in all, BF and SoO maybe two Orc-flavored raids, they are very different. The first is a fast-paced raid with a great incentive to return while the second is slow, long and globally boring to run. Blackrock Foundry is already on my farm list while Siege of Orgrimmar is on my “avoid unless absolutely necessary” list.